__



Sunday 19 June 2011

Broke and Still Fixin'

The closest I ever come to begging is when I avoid eye-contact with the homeless newspaper hawker as I - slinking past him or her - exit the supermarket. Translated: If I do that, I am financially desperate.

Dennis Perrin has repeated a request for financial support, which by my interpretation can only mean that he really really means it. I'd also say he's earned compensation. And since I am currently avoiding eye-contact with anyone who even looks like they might be asking for dough, you might think that I'm asking you to head on over and be his PayPal.

But I have a better idea: Buy one of his books. If you wanna read about the manifestations of a crazed culture, there's American Fan. If you were more a fan of the original SNL, with it's Lampoon flavor, there's his much lauded Mr. Mike biography. And, of course, if you're not a thin-skinned liberal, still making excuses for the current White House who'd make the last one blush, then there's Savage Mules.

Speaking of doing the schlepp-work in the name of exceptional savagery, prescient Panetta knows how to stroke an emerging meme:
The next Pearl Harbor we confront could very well be a cyber attack that cripples our power systems, our grid, our security systems, our financial systems, our governmental systems.
Ah, yes, the Democrats and their Pearl Harbors and FDRs. Those were the good ol' days. Not like those crass Republicans and their 9-11s and Gippers.

With his orange-level like certainty, you'd think that ol' Leon knew about it in advance. Heh-heh.

Today's foto is from Jodi Rose who, with bridges on her beautiful brain, discovered that this "Berg" in Berlin really was one:

A wannabe.