__



Thursday 24 May 2012

Babies

After our broadcast Tuesday evening, my lovely co-host expressed the view that some might feel our show lacks things political. My immediate response is best summarized as, "To what end?"

And not to belabour the point, as I can likely count on my thumb those who hear my occasional snipe, re: a comment I made that night about my perhaps unwarranted perception of an old Beeb host's predilections: Adults have the natural tendency, as unwitting as not, to visit their biases upon the children who've yet to develop any. Everybody has an agenda.

I'm not nihilistic in the sense that I shun the propagation of a species. But I am anarchist insofar as I find heretofore states' organized agendas indefensible. Particularly troubling is how easily good people of the court spend time and currency lauding the king in such a way, that at the end of the day, it amounts to nothing more than a defence against the one who would be king. The only standards that remain for consideration have to do with an iota of identity and nothing to do with any meaningful standards. Children, who have yet to develop any, feed upon this void. This breeds nihilism. There is nothing more cynical than that future.

It is a great fortune, then, that those who I know personally, who also happen to be feeding babies, will not dispense my misanthropy, nor to any extent the cynicism of the state.