__



Friday 5 March 2010

Formaldehyde

Don't ask me how I'm doing. What a fucking tedious question - I mean, outside of being merely rhetorical - and anyway not really worthwhile. As far as rhetoric-as-icebreaker goes, how about: Is there anything more interesting to talk about? If I wanted to tell you how a was doing, I would've made this date to meet with you, instead of the other way around.

Every time I've told you that I haven't called because I was just too busy was a lie. For you see, when I don't take the initiative to meet with people, it is precisely because I don't want to talk about how I'm doing. I'm never too busy; I feel too busy whenever I have anything at all to do, but that's little more than my personal sense of I-can't-be-bothered-ness.

So don't ask me how I'm doing.