__



Tuesday 17 January 2012

Lark Ascending

According to the scribe at the New York Guitar Festival:
"2012 marks the 30th anniversary of Brian Eno's landmark tribute to the NASA moon landings, Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks."
I could've sworn (and still would) that it was recorded and released in '83.

No matter. The album was "re-imagined" a couple of weeks ago live by a group of musicians obviously inspired by the work created nearly thirty years ago by Eno, his brother Roger, and guitarist Daniel Lanois.

The following video is me doing a cover of 'An Ending (Ascent)' from that album. It is the first song I ever taught myself on the Roland Handsonic. I've probably played better versions [thumping it like a drum the last few years has had an effect on the touch sensitivity and dynamic range of the instrument], but thought I should document it before Apollo turned forty.