__



Sunday 18 August 2019

It was 40 years ago in May.

Kate Bush's "Lionheart Tour" concluded on 12, 13 & 14 May in 1979 at the Hammersmith Odeon, the same venue at which I saw her in 2014.

You might think me a hypocrite for embedding this video if you know me as one of those people who gets called a jerk, or worse, merely for absolutely owning in response some other jerk who insists it is okay to profit from bootlegging. The thing is, the Manchester performance of this tour, which was clearly filmed along with the official version from a month later, has been available on Yootoob for quite some time now. The person who uploaded it put an email address over the image as a way to encourage those so inclined to purchase his high resolution dvd copy of the same bootleg.


Over't th' K8 fan forum, someone suggested purchasing a copy, duplicating it, and sharing it with others "at cost". Fair enough, I guess. Someone else suggested uploading the pristine purchased bootleg to the same Toob, thereby making it available to anyone who can click. I had already expressed my misgivings about enabling even one purchase from the original uploader, as still now I am prepared to purchase such a thing should it be offered directly by the artist's Fish People.

Until such time, this copy is exemplary of the greatest treble threat in my book. The whole concert, including the sound of backstage banter and vocal warmups, gives me goosebumps: