__



Monday 2 April 2007

Kreis-iss

I heard recently and wonder who said that it's better to prepare for no opportunity than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.

I played two pieces instead of one last night, which took me in two directions. This seems advantageous. Perhaps I'm onto something. I normally plan one piece and play more than one anyway. This time I planned both. In doing so, I forced myself to prepare for the whole show instead of just leaving the second half to the muse that comes with a beginning well done. The extra inspiration was there anyway: to acknowledge the room and it's energy, accompany it, and to give its occupant(s) a track to the next station. It wasn't entirely a smooth ride, and it didn't leave according to schedule by any means, but it reached its destination, and no one was injured in the process.

I wonder how many people there are out there who need a constant reminder of the better perspective. I think implied music is the only way I'll ever be able to meditate, to concentrate and relax simultaneously. To receive anything, I think you have to pass it on. That's time again, travelling in two directions. Here's to the train and all its connections:

The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity.
JFK

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

A man will renounce any pleasures you like but he will not give up his suffering.
G. I. Gurdjieff